Requirement of Chinese Domain Registration .cn .com.cn
Any business or organization in the world, regardless of location, can register a .cn domain name under the new official policy.
Any individual (i.e. not institution) cannot register the top level .cn domain directly. However, the government allows proxy registering, i.e. some organization can fill in the place for you as the registrant. This usually is your registrar.
Some other restrictions of the domain registration:
Any of the following contents shall not be included in any domain name registered and used by any organization or individual:
1) Those that are against the basic principles prescribed in the Constitution;
2) Those jeopardize national security, leak state secrets, intend to overturn the government, or disrupt of state integrity;
3) Those harm national honor and national interests;
4) Those instigate hostility or discrimination between different nationalities, or disrupt the national solidarity;
5) Those violate the state religion policies or propagate cult and feudal superstition;
6) Those spread rumors, disturb public order or disrupt social stability;
7) Those spread pornography, obscenity, gambling, violence, homicide, terror or instigate crimes;
8) Those insult, libel against others and infringe other people's legal rights and interests; or
9) Other contents prohibited in laws, rules and administrative regulations.
News in cn Domain Investing